||Posted: ||Friday, January 27, 2017
|Expires: ||Thursday, January 17, 2019|
|Job Title: || Assistant Director of Children's Services|
|Job Location: ||New York, United States|
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|Annual Salary: ||from $- to $-|
|Education Required: ||Masters|
|Years of Experience Required: ||1|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||No Paid Vacation|
|More about the job:||Responsible for the clinical and managerial supervision of all programming connected to children including the Childcare supervisor, childcare and after-school staff, interns, and volunteers within a specific program and/or location as well as providing direct clinical and case management services to clients.
• Oversees program objectives of the Childcare and After-school program on site.
• Provides clinical and administrative supervision of counselors, Childcare supervisor, student interns and volunteers.
• Coordinates internal and external referrals and assigns cases.
• Conducts clinical assessments and evaluation of clients referred for counseling.
• Provides individual counseling to a small caseload of clients.
• Develops and facilitates support groups for clients.
• Develops appropriate trauma-informed interventions to meet clients' varying needs.
• Develops and provides training and communication outreach.
• Maintains case files, notes and statistics for program and reviews those of onsite staff.
• Responsible for all reporting procedures required by program and/or location.
• Collaborates and consults with the Development department on grants/funding proposals and reports.
• Coordinates and collaborates with the Department of Education and Advocates for Children to ensure the educational needs of clients are met, and maintains relationships with other organizations within the community.
• Oversees, plans, and assists with the facilitation of day-to-day programming such as Afterschool and the Summer Activities Program.
• Plans on-site events and coordinates client participation in events and specifically Holiday activities i.e. gift coordination and distribution, Horace Mann event
• Coordinates donations from outside organizations and oversees distribution to clients.
• Participates in weekly supervision. Completes reports as required.
• Perform any other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed.
• Masters is Social Work required, a minium of two years experience providing direct clinical services required.
• Two years supervisory experience preferred.
• Experience in developing, overseeing, and supervising clinical and childcare staff and supervisor within programs.
• Strong trauma-informed clinical skills.
• Experience working with victims of domestic violence or knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence.
• Knowledge about attachment, parenting, and play therapy.
• SIFI certification preferred.
• Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/hzzybm2yct