|Substance Abuse Counselor
||Ad ID : 774
||Posted: ||Friday, February 05, 2016
|Expires: ||Thursday, January 25, 2018|
|Job Title: ||Substance Abuse Counselor|
|Job Location: ||Brooklyn, NY 11205|
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|Annual Salary: ||from $40000 to $40000|
|Starting Date: ||immediate|
|Education Required: ||Bachelors|
|Years of Experience Required: ||3|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||2 weeks / year|
|Job Code: ||NGR-SAC|
|Options: ||Health/Dental Benefits · 401k, Retirement and/or Pension Plan · Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave · Life and/or Disability Insurance|
|More about the job:||
* Bachelors degree required
* CASAC(or eligible) preferred.
* Three years experience with homeless and mentally ill, plus thorough knowledge of substance abuse issues as they pertain to the Mentally Ill Chemically Addicted population.
Act as a Substance Abuse Counselor on a multi-disciplinary service team in a 97 bed supported Single Room Occupancy.
* Coordination of internal trainings to both residents and staff in the areas of Relapse Prevention, Crisis Management, Peer Counseling, and etc.
* Design activities for those in recovery that support the development of independent living skills.
* Carry a caseload of Navy Green residents and perform all relevant activities including timely services plan, reviews, psycho-socials, progress notes, etc.
*Document Substance Abuse services provided during all interactions with participants throughout the agency.
*Document all activities related to Substance Abuse Counseling and submitting a monthly report that reflects Substance Abuse interventions and outcomes by way of a newsletter
* Participate in Utilization Reviews and Incident Reviews
* Participate in Intake Committee process for resident applicants and design activities that support the development of independent living skills
* Work closely with team of Case Managers, Senior Case Manager and the Program Director to ensure that an integrated approach to the provision of Psych Rehab Services and program activities occurs.
* Teach and encourage positive social behaviors, conflict resolution and joint planning of community building activities.
* Provide crisis intervention services which may extend to calling 911 and/or accompanying a resident to the hospital.
* Provide advocacy and linkage for residents in regard to Substance Abuse treatment and aftercare services.
* Creation of agency wide linkages with community providers of substance abuse services such as MICA detox and long term rehab programs.
Submit resume and cover letter with Salary History (attachments as MS Word Documents or PDF please for email responses) to:
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||Brooklyn Community Housing & Services, Inc.|
|Company type: ||Employer|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||100-499|
|Division : ||3|
|Department: ||Navy Green|
|Company Profile: ||
Brooklyn Community Housing and Services (BCHS) is committed to ending homelessness in Brooklyn. Each year, we provide safe and clean supportive housing for more than 1,000 formerly homeless women, children and men. We help them learn how to live productively and independently, with dignity and hope.
Our programs provide short-term, transitional and permanent housing, homelessness prevention, personalized case management, mental health care, on-site nursing, vocational training, substance abuse counseling, recreational activities and other vital services.|
|Company website address: ||www.bchands.org|
|Contact email: ||email@example.com|
|Phone number: ||718-625-4545|
|Fax number: ||718-625-0635|
|Address: ||105 Carlton Avenue Brooklyn New York 11205 USA|
|Contact Name: ||Wanda Wu|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||E-mail|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 4 times since registration on Monday, November 09, 2015.|
Activity: last login date was Friday, February 05, 2016.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |