||Ad ID : 773
||Posted: ||Friday, February 05, 2016
|Expires: ||Thursday, January 25, 2018|
|Job Title: ||MICA SPECIALIST|
|Job Location: ||BROOKLYN, NY 11205|
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|Annual Salary: ||from $38000 to $40000|
|Starting Date: ||IMMEDIATE|
|Education Required: ||Bachelors|
|Years of Experience Required: ||3|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||2 weeks / year|
|Job Code: ||OM1-MICA|
|Options: ||Health/Dental Benefits · Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave · Life and/or Disability Insurance · Tuition Reimbursement|
|More about the job:||Skills:
CASAC or CASACT eligible. BA required. Experience in working in a residential program for dually diagnosed, mentally ill, substance abusers required. Excellent skills in group-work in addition to oral and written communication necessary.
As a member of a program that supports the development and maintenance of independent living skills for persons with mental illness and concurring diagnosis of substance abuse, counseling and other support services to residents in the Apartment Program.
1. provide internal training to both resident and staff in areas of Substance Abuse, engagement, modified therapeutic community philosophy, etc.
2. develop a resource guide of treatment providers – detox, long-term rehab MICA programs, etc.
Complete timely documentation of all client services is to be maintained in the case record. The case record is the representation of all the work done on behalf of the Agency’s clients. It is also a legal document, therefore, the case record should reflect the highest standards of service and presentation.
1. Assist case manager and resident in writing Admission Note, indicating Substance Abuse services that are provided on the day a resident moves into the program
2. Document Substance Abuse services provided during the apartment visits in progress notes, service plans and quarterly reviews in a timely manner, according to Tickler System.
3. Document Medicaid Billable Notes and submit for review in a timely manner.
4. Document all activities relating to Substance Abuse counseling and treatment appointments, collateral contacts, etc.
5. Prepare psychosocials as required.
6. Complete Travel Expense via Paycheck weekly.
1. Participate in Utilization Reviews, Incident Reviews.
1. Attend all staff meetings, clinical conferences, training seminars and other meetings assigned.
2. Participate in Intake Committee on rotating basis. Design activities that support the development of independent living skills.
3. Co-facilitate Substance Abuse groups in relapse prevention, Double Recovery, Harm Reduction and Medication Management with the goal of empowering residents to assume leadership.
Working closely with Residential Counselors, Case Managers to ensure an integrated approach to the provision of Psych Rehab Services and program activities.
1. Make regularly scheduled visits to assigned caseloads in their apartments, focusing on identifying and agreeing upon Substance Abuse needs and goals within the framework of Psych Rehab.
2. Work with apartment roommates to promote smooth functioning of apartment by: teaching and encouraging positive social and citizenship behaviors, conflict resolution, and joint planning of apartment-centered activities.
3. Provide first-line availability for crisis intervention which may extend to calling 911 and/or accompanying a resident to the hospital.
4. Provide advocacy and linkage for residents in regard to Substance Abuse treatment, providers, etc.
Submit Resume and Cover Letter with Salary History (attachments as PDF or MS Word Documents please for e-mail responses).
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||BROOKLYN COMMUNITY HOUSING & SERVICES, INC.|
|Company type: ||Employer|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||100-499|
|Division : ||2|
|Company Profile: ||Brooklyn Community Housing and Services (BCHS) is committed to ending homelessness in Brooklyn. Each year, we provide safe and clean supportive housing for more than 1,000 formerly homeless women, children and men. We help them learn how to live productively and independently, with dignity and hope.
Our programs provide short-term, transitional and permanent housing, homelessness prevention, personalized case management, mental health care, on-site nursing, vocational training, substance abuse counseling, recreational activities and other vital services.|
|Company website address: ||WWW.BCHANDS.ORG|
|Contact email: ||HR@BCHANDS.ORG|
|Phone number: ||718-625-4545|
|Fax number: ||718-625-0635|
|Address: ||105 CARLTON AVENUE BROOKLYN New York 11205 USA|
|Contact Name: ||WANDA WU|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||E-mail|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 4 times since registration on Monday, November 09, 2015.|
Activity: last login date was Friday, February 05, 2016.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |