|Moving On Case Manager
||Ad ID : 772
||Posted: ||Wednesday, December 23, 2015
|Expires: ||Tuesday, December 12, 2017|
|Job Title: ||Moving On Case Manager |
|Job Location: ||Brooklyn, NY|
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|Annual Salary: ||from $35000 to $35000|
|Starting Date: ||immediate|
|Education Required: ||Bachelors|
|Years of Experience Required: ||2|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||2 weeks / year|
|Job Code: ||BHAC-MOCM|
|Options: ||Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave · Life and/or Disability Insurance|
|More about the job:||POSITION OVERVIEW
The MO Case Manager will be dedicated to working with supportive housing residents who are deemed ready for complete independence.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. The MO Case Manager will instruct (or assist) the Program Directors and staff of Oak Hall, Navy Green, and the Scattered-Site Program to review the cases of all residents to determine who may be an appropriate candidate for the Moving On initiative, based on Functional Assessments, Service Plan progress, and any other relevant factors.
2. The MO Case Manager will review the records and consult with the program staff for each proposed resident and assuming all staff are in agreement regarding the candidate, and the resident is interested, the MO Case Manager will conduct an interview utilizing the MO initiative’s assessment tool.
3. The MO Case Manager will conduct “Housing Readiness” training sessions for participants; the sessions will cover topics such as household budgeting, basic financial literacy, reading a lease and understanding tenant rights, and landlord relationships.
4. The MO Case Manager will review each participant’s credit score and work to improve the score as needed, work with the BCHS Property Manager to complete any necessary paperwork for a Section 8 application; and contact BCHS’ network of brokers and landlords, in consultation with the agency’s Housing Specialists, to identify apartments.
5. The MO Case Manager will accompany the participant to see potential apartments and to interviews/negotiations with potential landlords when appropriate.
6. The MO Case Manager will assist the participant with arrangements for their move, including use of agency “Wrap Around” funds, if needed, to help with moving costs, furniture/household items, utilities/other necessary deposits, and broker fees.
7. The MO Case Manager Orient the participant to the new neighborhood, including identifying the location of grocery stores, pharmacies, laundromats, and public transportation; ensure that the participant will either remain connected to current providers of mental health/medical/substance abuse services or find providers in the new neighborhood; and work with the participant to develop a socialization plan.
8. The MO Case Manager Ensure a smooth transition, after move out, by providing each participant with i) at least one home visit a month for each of the first six months, ii) a weekly call during each of the first two months, and iii) information about how to contact the Brooklyn Housing Assistance Center for any on-going aftercare services after the six month period.
9. The MO Case Manager will complete all required forms, documentation, and statistics, as required by the BHAC Supervisor and the Moving On requirements.
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||BROOKLYN COMMUNITY HOUSING & SERVICES, INC.|
|Company type: ||Employer|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||100-499|
|Division : ||2|
|Company Profile: ||Brooklyn Community Housing and Services (BCHS) is committed to ending homelessness in Brooklyn. Each year, we provide safe and clean supportive housing for more than 1,000 formerly homeless women, children and men. We help them learn how to live productively and independently, with dignity and hope.
Our programs provide short-term, transitional and permanent housing, homelessness prevention, personalized case management, mental health care, on-site nursing, vocational training, substance abuse counseling, recreational activities and other vital services.|
|Company website address: ||WWW.BCHANDS.ORG|
|Contact email: ||HR@BCHANDS.ORG|
|Phone number: ||718-625-4545|
|Fax number: ||718-625-0635|
|Address: ||105 CARLTON AVENUE BROOKLYN New York 11205 USA|
|Contact Name: ||HR|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||E-mail|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 4 times since registration on Monday, November 09, 2015.|
Activity: last login date was Friday, February 05, 2016.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |