|Bi-Lingual Spanish Residential Counselor
||Ad ID : 770
||Posted: ||Monday, November 09, 2015
|Expires: ||Sunday, October 29, 2017|
|Job Title: ||Bi-Lingual Spanish Residential Counselor|
|Job Location: ||Brooklyn, NY 11201|
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|Annual Salary: ||from $26000 to $26000|
|Starting Date: ||immediate|
|Education Required: ||None|
|Years of Experience Required: ||0|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||2 weeks / year|
|Job Code: ||OMH-RC|
|Options: ||Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave · Life and/or Disability Insurance|
|More about the job:||Position: Residential Counselor on a multi disciplinary team for a Scattered Site Apartment Program serving mentally ill adults.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or High School Equivalency, A.A.S. preferred. Good interpersonal and communication skills necessary. Computer competent and detail oriented.
As a member of a program that supports the development and maintenance of independent living skills for persons with mental illness, provides Psych Rehab and other support services to the residents in the Apartment Program.
1. Maintain logs on all activities relating to apartment safety and Maintenance, apartment/residents inventory, apartment visits, skills training.
2. Maintaining progress notes on each resident.
3. Track all resident clothing expenses and submit valid receipts.
1. Attend designated meetings such as: unit and staff meetings.
2. Attend case conferences and clinical meetings.
3. Work with residents and staff to plan special events.
4. Weekly visits to assigned apartments to maintain DLS services and cleanliness.
1. Provide skill building training per service plan such as:, apartment maintenance, (assisting clients with cleaning by providing hands-on assistance), teaching self-care, personal grooming, assisting with laundry and shopping as needed, and other DLS services as identify in service plan.
2. Train residents in fire/safety procedures, such as: use of fire extinguishers, orderly fire drills, self-preservation, etc.
3. Escort residents to appointments to train in community integration and other related rehab services.
4. Participate in community meetings to aid staff to train residents in self-government.
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||Brooklyn Community Housing & Services, Inc.|
|Company type: ||Employer|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||100-499|
|Division : ||2|
|Company Profile: ||MISSION AND HISTORY
Brooklyn Community Housing and Services (BCHS) is committed to ending homelessness in Brooklyn. Each year, we provide safe and clean supportive housing for more than 1,000 formerly homeless women, children and men. We help them learn how to live productively and independently, with dignity and hope.
Our programs provide short-term, transitional and permanent housing, homelessness prevention, personalized case management, mental health care, on-site nursing, vocational training, substance abuse counseling, recreational activities and other vital services.
|Company website address: ||http://www.bchands.org|
|Contact email: ||HR@bchands.org|
|Phone number: ||718-625-4545|
|Fax number: ||718-625-0635|
|Address: ||105 Carlton Avenue Brooklyn New York 11205 Afghanistan|
|Contact Name: ||HR Administrator|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||E-mail|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 4 times since registration on Monday, November 09, 2015.|
Activity: last login date was Friday, February 05, 2016.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |