||Posted: ||Monday, January 05, 2015
|Expires: ||Sunday, December 25, 2016|
|Job Title: ||Clinical Director|
|Job Location: ||Bronx, NY, United States, 10451 |
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|: ||from $ to $|
|Education Required: ||Masters|
|Years of Experience Required: ||3|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||No Paid Vacation|
|More about the job:||
Bronx Real PROS offers recovery-oriented and rehabilitation services for individuals 18 years and older who are living with mental illness. Participants develop personalized recovery plans to realize life role goals and integrate into the community. The program utilizes evidence-based practices, person-centered individual and group services, and optional vocational and clinical services to assist participants in achieving their goals.
The clinical director is responsible for the clinical, operational, fiscal and administrative oversight of the program. The clinical director provides on-going supervision to assigned clinical, supervisory, psychiatric, medical and support staff. This individual will also insures that quality services, in line with State and JBFCS mandates, are uniformly provided and will monitor operations to certify that best-practice methodologies are uniformly employed, reviewed and updated as necessary. The clinical director maintains current relationships with various State and regulatory bodies while cultivating additional resources and relationships with community organizations for purposes of referral and collaboration.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
• Provide overall clinical and administrative leadership and management for the programs.
• Ensure that programmatic systems are in place and functioning to meet consumer service needs and safety.
• Provides regularly scheduled supervision to all supervisees
• Reviews charts, evaluating and improving assessments, treatment plans, reviews and progress notes; ensures that documentation meets regulatory requirements
• Oversees and ensures the quality of care provided
• Assure clinical, administrative and regulatory compliance in all program areas
• Evaluates supervisees and ensures timeliness of all staff evaluations
• Manage and adhere to program budgets, meeting productivity and revenue targets and monitoring expenses.
• Responsible for billing, billing processes, denials and meeting revenue targets
• Ensure that internal JBFCS and external regulatory agency standards and requirements are met.
• Active participant in the intake disposition process
• Ensures that the clinical needs of clients are met
• Responsible for community outreach efforts with other groups, individuals or organizations for purposes of maintaining and/or expanding census and collaborating to ensure that client needs are being addressed
• Responsible for event/incident report submission and event review meetings/minutes
• Responsible for risk management, including identifying, addressing and tracking high risk in clients and program operations
• Facilitate and lead staff meetings.
• Assist in interviewing and hiring staff, as well as addressing staff performance-related issues in accordance with JBFCS Policy & Procedure.
• Arranges for staff training and promotes the implementation of learning to practice
• Develops and implements CPI projects
• Facilitates program staff meetings and case conferences
• Responsible for staff scheduling and coverage, including case assignment
• Ensure intra-program collaboration and inter-agency collaboration.
• Track necessary data and outcomes
• Provide direct service to consumers on an as-needed/required basis.
• Assume on-call administrative and crisis evening and weekend duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Strong administrative, writing and computer skills are required.
Three years of administrative and/or supervisory experience in a behavioral health setting required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9r4xsf8||