|Medical Social Worker
||Ad ID : 644
||Posted: ||Thursday, August 15, 2013
|Expires: ||Wednesday, August 05, 2015|
|Job Title: ||Medical Social Worker|
|Job Location: ||Oxford, NY|
|Type of Position: ||Part-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|: ||from $ to $|
|Starting Date: ||ASAP|
|Education Required: ||High School|
|Years of Experience Required: ||2|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||No Paid Vacation|
|Job Code: ||1071|
|More about the job:||Medical Social Worker (Part Time)
Job # 1071
Location: Oxford, NY
Shift: and Time:
We are looking for a part time Social Worker,preferably with long term care experience. It would be for 20-25 hours a week with a start time of 9:00AM. We would prefer 5 days a week but might entertain 3 full days , Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The Medical Social Worker A shall assist the Director with providing counseling and social services to the residents of the Home and their families.
1. To assess the needs and participate in the development of interdisciplinary care plans; to review and revise the assessed approaches to the patients as needed to keep them current.
2. To participate in pre-admission interviews for potential residents, as requested.
3. To complete a thorough and detailed admission assessment for all new residents assigned.
4. To provide counseling to facilitate adjustment to social, physical, and environmental changes; to resolve conflict situations using crisis intervention and supportive counseling techniques. Due to the increased complexity of the case mix of residents admitted to the Home, more intervention is required to provide support and counseling.
5. To maintain timely records through routine progress notes and documentation of significant events.
6. To develop social histories, which reflect determinants of diagnoses and prognoses toward adjustment for interdisciplinary use.
7. To serve as an advocate of Patient Rights and enforce the procedure of the Homeís Complaints Policy.
8. To assist in orienting all new employees to the Resident's Bill of Rights, Patient Abuse Law, Mandatory Report Procedures, and Department of Social Services.
9. To provide information and referral by functioning as a liaison between residents, families, community, and the Home; in addition, to respond to inquiries from the community regarding the Home.
10. To deliver business and financial mail to residents as requested.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Must have a Bachelorís Degree in Social Work (BSW) or more preferably a Masterís Degree in Social
Work (MSW). Must be licensed to work in NYS.
Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
New Wave People is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).||
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||New Wave People|
|Company type: ||Staffing Agency|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||25-99|
|Company Profile: ||NWP is a certified SBA 8(a) small business enterprise and a certified woman-owned business enterprise, and has been honored as among the Top 100 Hispanic-owned businesses in the United States by Diversity Business.com. The company was incorporated in New Jersey on February 10, 2000 and is registered to do business in New York|
|Contact email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phone number: ||7327869070|
|Address: || Oxford New York 13830 USA|
|Contact Name: ||Kathleen|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||E-mail|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 2 times since registration on Thursday, August 15, 2013.|
Activity: last login date was Monday, August 19, 2013.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |