|Donation Outreach Specialist
||Ad ID : 803
||Posted: ||Friday, January 27, 2017
|Expires: ||Thursday, January 17, 2019|
|Job Title: ||Donation Outreach Specialist|
|Job Location: ||Kansas City, Missouri, United States, 64108|
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|Annual Salary: ||from $16 to $17|
|Education Required: ||None|
|Years of Experience Required: ||0|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||Negotiable / Other|
|More about the job:||Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of unwanted items provides funds that stay local, helping us to support thousands of job seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in the community. That's why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders' pockets.
Please visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more.
Our agency is evolving. We're looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425 x264.
The Donation Outreach Specialist holds responsibility for coordinating and executing community donation programs and events. S/he will proactively seek and create donation events that fit with the mission and goals of Goodwill. S/he collaborates with the community engagement team as well as other departments – notably retail, transportation and mission – to build Goodwill's reputation in the community and increase the number donated items that support Goodwill's mission.
Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Coordinates, expands and grows donation events and drives with neighborhoods, communities, faith-based organizations, schools, corporations and organizations
• Cultivates relationships with stakeholders in each organization and looks for opportunities to grow partnership beyond one-and-done events
• Prepares and delivers all correspondence, including and thank you letters/ certificates; works with director and graphic designer to create materials as needed
• Acts as agency point-person for donation events, keeping transportation, staff and volunteers informed of all donation logistics
• Ensures internal communication systems are up-to-date with logistical information for donation drive events
• Creates wrap-up report for every donation event, reporting results to Community Engagement team and respective departments; also tracks results in event database for future reference and evaluation
• Promotes donation events and partnerships through agency's marketing channels (i.e. Facebook) and encourages community organization to do the same; engaging with organization and attendees via social media and other marketing channels
• Creates community opportunities for donation drives as s/he is out in the community
• One-three years' experience in event management or donation outreach
• Strong commitment to Goodwill and Goodwill's mission
• Energetic and enthusiastic when representing Goodwill in the community
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and manage time, asking for help when needed
• Works effectively with people in a variety of high-stress situations
• Is organized, meets deadlines and coordinates small/large projects
• Communicates professionally and effectively with co-workers, management, volunteers and members of the public at all times, demonstrating positive customer service and an upbeat team-oriented attitude
• Supports community engagement team on other events, marketing, fundraising or community-based projects as needed
• Bachelor's Degree, Nonprofit Management or other relevant certification of expertise preferred. A combination of education and appropriate experience will be considered.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ss3j8fmp5x
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||Mission Support Center|
|Company type: ||Employer|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||Less Than 10|
|Company Profile: ||Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of unwanted items provides funds that stay local, helping us to support thousands of job seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in the community. That's why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders' pockets.|
|Company website address: ||http://www.Click2apply.net/ss3j8fmp5x|
|Address: ||Apply Online Kansas City Missouri 64108 USA|
|Contact Name: ||HR|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||Company Web Site|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 14 times since registration on Wednesday, November 16, 2016.|
Activity: last login date was Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |