|Employment Advisor - Disability Services
||Ad ID : 788
||Posted: ||Monday, August 29, 2016
|Expires: ||Sunday, August 19, 2018|
|Job Title: ||Employment Advisor - Disability Services|
|Job Location: ||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, 46222|
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|Annual Salary: ||from $0.01 to $0.02|
|Education Required: ||Bachelors|
|Years of Experience Required: ||1|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||Negotiable / Other|
|More about the job:||The Employment Advisor coordinates and manages the recruiting, intake, eligibility, enrollment, orientation, advising, and follow-up activities for job seekers who are in need of employment. Coaches, mentors and facilitates activities for participants in order to improve their employability and personal development by utilizing appropriate training methods and motivational techniques. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Goodwill's Mission, Vision, Values, 5 Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct.
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with job seekers to provide proactive case management and follow-up services.
• Assess members' strengths, abilities and possible barriers. Determine nature and degree of services needed and develop service plan that maximizes members' potential. Modify service plans as needed.
• Inform members of all available choices and options when developing service plan.
• Provide information and assist with community linkages necessary to address barriers. Establish and maintain contacts with community resources.
• Continually review case records and recommend action to allow members to progress through programming in an efficient and effective manner.
• Assist with the implementation of activities that will enhance personal development, employability, wage growth and career advancement of job seekers.
• Secure supplementary information such as employment, criminal history, medical records, psychological, agency referrals, eligibility documentation, or school reports.
• Determine program eligibility, if applicable.
• Enter client demographics, activities and case notes into ETO database.
• Create and maintain initial case management file.
• Conduct individual assessment testing.
• Participate in individual and group conferences in analyzing case problems and skill improvement.
• Help link members to educational opportunities such as basic remediation, GED preparation, vocational training or post-secondary education.
• Maintain and cultivate collaborative working relationships between Goodwill, referring parties and the funding resources to provide a smooth transition from the referring agency through the enrollment process and into appropriate programming.
• Cultivate relationships with employers to identify specific job development opportunities for job seekers.
• Assess, interview and match candidate skills and motivators to job or training opportunities.
• Assist members in interviewing techniques, communication and personal conduct requirements and recommendations.
• Provide transportation as needed for interviews, drug testing, supportive services, etc.
• Establish regular contact with members to offer services and to keep engaged, for follow up, retention, etc.
• Work collaboratively with resources to determine appropriate course of action to most effectively provide meaningful solutions to barriers to success.
• Analyze and interpret information and make necessary adjustments to meet service goals.
• Provide job seekers with employment advancement opportunities.
• Develop rapid re-employment strategies for members who are not employed.
• Collect and maintain required documentation per contract/funding source guidelines.
• Monitor accomplishment of member achievement as outlined in service plan.
• Provide support and vocational direction, encouraging member towards self-dependence in daily decision making and problem solving activities.
• Provide ongoing follow-up services and make recommendations to members to address work related issues and guidance on how to meet employer expectations.
• Conducts home visits to provide services to individual members, if necessary.
• Document member services utilizing multiple reporting systems.
• Continuing education and leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Life, dental and vision insurance
• Short- and long-term disability plans
• Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
• Bachelor's degree in a human services, education, or business with direct related work experience or five years related experience and/or training.
• 2 years working in case management or service coordination with documented success.
• Certified Employment Support Profesional (CESP) certification is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to develop relationships at all levels.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Office Products, database and the Internet.
• Ability to embrace change positively.
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Independent, self-manager.
• Experience working with Vocational Rehabilitation funding is a plus.
• Up-to-date automobile insurance, valid driver's license and good driving record.
• Ability to obtain First Aid/CPR certification, test negative to annual Tuberculin screening and verification of no substantiated abuse or neglect findings with the Indiana State Department of Health.
• Provide value added training to job seekers specific to internal Goodwill divisions and employers on disability related issues.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/97yjkj8jv3||
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||Goodwill of Central Indiana, Inc|
|Company type: ||Employer|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||Less Than 10|
|Company Profile: ||Goodwill of Central Indiana, Inc|
|Company website address: ||http://www.Click2Apply.net/97yjkj8jv3|
|Phone number: ||888-888-8888|
|Address: ||Apply Online Indianapolis Indiana USA|
|Contact Name: ||Human Resources|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||Company Web Site|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 11 times since registration on Wednesday, August 10, 2016.|
Activity: last login date was Wednesday, October 18, 2017.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |