|Resource & Support Specialist
||Ad ID : 684
||Posted: ||Tuesday, May 20, 2014
|Expires: ||Monday, May 09, 2016|
|Job Title: ||Resource & Support Specialist (LCSW)|
|Job Location: ||Los Angeles, CA|
|Type of Position: ||Part-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||1|
|Annual Salary: ||from $TBD to $TBD|
|Starting Date: ||ASAP|
|Education Required: ||Masters|
|Years of Experience Required: ||0|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||Negotiable / Other|
|Job Code: ||001|
|More about the job:||Resource & Support Specialist Job Description
The Resource Support Specialist position takes on many roles. They are client advocates and counselors, perform biopsychosocial assessments, refer clients and families to medical resources and provide client and family assistance in obtaining financial and legal assistance. Most importantly, Resource & Support Specialist works to assure that the best interests of the client are being met.
• Provides referral and linkage to community resources and services (federal, state and local).
• Offers case management and advocacy.
• Explains the nature of a Parkinson’s disease diagnosis, progression of the disease and processes current barriers to overall wellbeing (within the scope of practice).
• Advises clients and families on how to effectively deal with Parkinson’s symptoms and treatment.
• Maintains an up-to-date, comprehensive file of resources and informational materials.
• Provides written materials to clients, care partners, families and advocates.
• Serves as a counselor to help clients and families deal with the trauma of experiencing a chronic or acute illness.
• Assists clients and families in finding services such as in-home care, nursing home care and counseling, obtaining financial assistance, food assistance and health care coverage through city, state and federal programs.
• Serves as a client advocate acting as an intermediary between clients and the medical community.
• Conducts biopsychosocial assessments and follow-up counseling as indicated and coordinate care with collateral sources, using a short-term treatment model.
• Responsible for client documentation.
• Demonstrates knowledge of HIPAA and mandated reporting requirements.
• Attends required/recommended trainings.
• Utilizes outcome measure tools with clients.
• Consults with treatment team regarding client cases, including but not limited to high risk, non-compliant and/or non-responsive client cases.
• Cooperates with Parkinson’s Association Board members and attending organizational events.
• Collaborates and provides resources for support groups and other community organizations.
• Collaborates with the community’s and other organization’s programs through various forms of speaker presentations, education and outreach.
• Hold a current, independent, and unrestricted practicing license (LCSW) in the State of California. Not currently under licensure restrictions or the investigation for such restriction.
• Currently covered by a Malpractice Liability insurance carrier with minimum limits of coverage of $1 million occurrence and $3 million aggregate (unlimited defense required).
• Not have been convicted on any offense or have engaged in any improper act substantially related to the qualifications, functions or duties of the applicant.
• Meets the required standard for competency in the assessment and delivery of clinical services, representative of appropriate and respected therapeutic models, and is also qualified to provide these services for a variety of client populations; within the scope of practice, as granted by his or her license.
• References must support and verify the applicants experience and competency in clinical service delivery, participation in clinical consultation and referral, effective utilization of the team approach to client care, and knowledge of and ability to work within the framework of appropriate levels of care.
• Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuity of care in being accessible to after-hours contact by on-call clinical and medical staff, in the event of client emergency.
• Experience working with medical diagnoses and the aging adult population.
• Experience working with case management, knowledge of local resources, strong assessment skills, experience in working under short term brief therapy model.
• Knowledge and reasonable experience in the assessment and diagnosis of substance abuse disorders, for purposes of assessing appropriate levels of care, and may additionally refer, when appropriate, to those services best designed to meet client needs.
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus!!
Why Join Our Team?
• Flexible part-time hours (20 hours/week).
• Opportunity to provide social work, case management and clinical counseling to clients.
• HIPAA compliant electronic medical records accessible via standard internet connection.
• Partnerships and/or contracts with insurance companies and local/regional medical groups.
• Personal and professional growth through training opportunities (free CEU’s offered for select trainings).
• Opportunities for consultation with a diverse team of clinicians.
• Full administrative support so that you may focus solely on client care!! Our administrative team will manage insurance credentialing, client/insurance billing and advertising.
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||Minds & Motion Health Services, a program of the Parkinson's Association|
|Company type: ||Employer|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||10-24|
|Company Profile: ||Minds and Motion Health Services, a program of the Parkinson’s Association, a non-profit organization, seeks to improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s, their care partners and their family members. We provide education and various levels of support to the clients as well as their family members about their health condition(s), connecting them with the appropriate resources, educational workshops, support groups, providing psychotherapy and counseling, offering resources for financial support and legal assistance, and collaborating with other healthcare practitioners in assessing clients, care partners and/or family member(s). |
|Company website address: ||www.parkinsonsassociation.org|
|Contact email: ||JWoods@parkinsonsassociation.org|
|Phone number: ||8582736763|
|Address: ||8555 Aero Dr., Ste. 308 San Diego California 92123 USA|
|Contact Name: ||Jenifer Woods|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||E-mail|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 2 times since registration on Tuesday, May 20, 2014.|
Activity: last login date was Thursday, June 12, 2014.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |