|Master’s Supports Coordination/Clinician-DDS
||Ad ID : 846
||Posted: ||Friday, July 21, 2017
|Expires: ||Thursday, July 11, 2019|
|Job Title: ||Master’s Supports Coordination/Clinician-Developmental Disability Services|
|Job Location: ||Detroit|
|Type of Position: ||Full-Time Permanent|
|Number of Openings: ||2|
|: ||from $ to $|
|Education Required: ||Masters|
|Years of Experience Required: ||1|
|Overnight Travel: ||None|
|Vacation Time: ||More Than 3 weeks / year|
|Options: ||Health/Dental Benefits · Paid Holidays, Vacations, and Sick Leave · Tuition Reimbursement · Casual Dress · Other|
|More about the job:||The Children’s Center of Wayne County is seeking a Master’s Supports Coordination/Clinician in our Developmental Disability Services Program.
This position will be responsible for some of the following:
• Using a Family Centered Planning model, coordinate and monitor delivery of services and implementation of behaviorally specific treatment goals and objectives for assigned clients including the assessment, treatment, coordination of referrals and additional of services with outside providers.
• Coordinate and monitor all services being provided to the child/family for appropriateness as well as continue to address any new child/family needs.
• In collaboration with the family, work with other internal and external partners (i.e. schools, faith community, other human services organizations) to develop natural supports to eliminate barriers to services, enhance existing community services or develop new services based on the needs of The Children’s Center families.
• Attend medication reviews, psychiatric evaluations, and case consultations when appropriate.
• Maintain a flexible schedule in order to appropriately deliver services to meet client needs in the home, school, community or agency and by working evenings.
• Complete all required paperwork and psychiatric referrals according to agency and program deadlines.
• Maintain clinical records, reports, case notes, and all other client documentation in the appropriate electronic record systems, meeting all agency, contractual or billing requirements and deadlines.
• Ability to manage/conduct individual and family therapy sessions with children with multiple delays (i.e. lack of communication skills, repetitive behaviors, poor boundaries, limited safety skills, poor emotional regulation, etc.).
• Provide a variety of services to assigned caseload, such as individual, family, group therapy, case consultation, advocacy, crisis intervention, referral for short-term and long-term hospitalization, etc. with a focus on ABA specific skills for interventions.
• Develop Performance Goals and Expectations with immediate supervisor annually.
• If certified in a clinical model of practice, staff must maintain certification in and participated in all training and program requirements to assure model fidelity for any Evidence Based, Promising and/or Best Practice Models.
• Support the values of the family, The Children's Center Mission and the commitment to the ongoing safety and family stability.
• Collaborate and maintain professional standards at all times while conducting agency business.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor
To qualify for this position you will need:
• Master’s degree in mental health related field such as; social work, psychology, or/and counseling.
Certification and Licensure:
• State of Michigan Full or Limited License (MSW, Professional Counselor, Psychologist) – Full License preferred.
• Meet and maintain eligibility criteria to be credentialed per the MDCH Qualifications Guidelines.
• CAFAS or PECFAS Certification a plus.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a program that diagnoses, evaluates, and treats minors and their families in a community based setting as needed.
• A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience with children or adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) required.
• Ability to assess, diagnose, develop treatment plans and provide crisis intervention.
• Prior experience in providing and managing mental/behavioral health services and Evidence-Based Practices preferred.
• Previous experience using an electronic medical records system preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills related to windows navigation, Microsoft Office and general office equipment.
• Must be able to provide clearance that there is no record and/or convictions as a perpetrator of child abuse and/or neglect in the State of Michigan Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry and other states of residency over the past 5 years.
• If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with an interdisciplinary team.
• Ability to effectively manage time, information, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to lift up to 25 Lbs.
• Ability to kneel, crawl, maneuver and interact with children on the floor or at a child's level.
• Ability to traverse stairs and other uneven terrain to gain access to and to maneuver throughout offsite locations including residential homes, office buildings and special event locations.
• Ability to prepare and inspect documents in hard copy or electronic format. Ability to tolerate exposure to computer screen and operate computer/keyboard and other office equipment on a frequent and/or continuous basis.
• Ability to receive and exchange information and accurately and effectively communicate and converse with others.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Benefits we offer
Medical coverage at a minimal employee contribution rate – 100% paid dental and vision coverage - Life & dependent life insurance - 403(b) Thrift Plan with Employer Match - Staff continuing education reimbursement - Longevity pay - 160 hours of paid time off your first year - 10 paid holidays
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please submit your resume on-line by logging onto our website at https://www.thechildrenscenter.com/who-we-are/join-our-team/careers/
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
|Company Profile and Contact Information|| |
|Company name: ||The Children's Center|
|Company type: ||Employer|
|Company Size (number of employees): ||100-499|
|Company Profile: ||The Children’s Center of Wayne County leads the way in providing an integrated approach to community mental health that treats the whole child and the whole family.
Together with our community partners, we offer meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.|
|Company website address: ||www.thechildrenscenter.com|
|Phone number: ||313-831-5535|
|Address: ||79 Alexandrine West Detroit Michigan 48201 USA|
|Contact Name: ||Veronique Causey|
|Preferred Method of Contact: ||Company Web Site|
|Login Stats: ||User has logged in 2 times since registration on Friday, July 21, 2017.|
Activity: last login date was Saturday, November 11, 2017.
|Profile Image: |
|User Status: |
Full Category Title: Categories > MSW > Job Offers > Michigan > Master’s Supports Coordination/Clinician-DDS